Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Netzero

Back a few months ago when I moved to Bum Fuck Texas where broadband internet is rare, I ordered me some dial-up access with Netzero to keep up on my email (work and personal). Today, confident that the broadband service provided by a small business was reliable, I called to cancel my $9.95 per-month Netzero account.

After sitting on hold for about five minutes a rep answered and asked me how he could help me. I told him I wanted to cancel my account.

The dunce I was speaking to said he would cancel my account. Then he babbled on about how he knew broadband was much faster than dial-up, and that it was understandable I wanted to cancel my account, etc. etc. Then he mumbled on about “Wireless J” and virus protection. It was hard to hear, but I did understand he was trying to sell me shit. I told him I didn’t want to buy anything. I wanted to cancel. I wanted to go from $9.95 a month to ZERO a month, and I didn’t want to have to call back to cancel some free trial so my credit card wouldn’t billed.

He said something like, “please understand sir…” I said something like, “How ‘bout you let me speak to your supervisor.” He rambled on and I hung up, then called another number to verify my cancelation. I’m calling my bank to ensure there are no withdrawals on my credit card from those idiots.

Netzero? Fuck them. Don’t waste your time or money on that lame-ass company.

1 comment:

Nevin said...

I couldn't agree more. This is a 'Bait & Switch' company that does not provide the services that you pay for. Do not get sucked in like I did. I lost 10 years of my life in one day talking to various NetZero rep.s, that did not resolve my issue. I cancelled my service with this horrible internet provider.