Monday, September 01, 2014

NetTalk

I ordered service with this company a little over a year ago and it worked pretty well for a couple of weeks.  Then one day it stopped working.  The device would start flashing yellow or red.  I opened a ticket online and got a response two weeks later asking if the problem had been resolved.  I called customer service and hung up after sitting on hold forever.  

I canceled my service after a few months and disputed the charge with my credit card company, claiming I did not receive the service I'd paid for.  I got my money back.  

A few months ago I started getting plaintive emails from NetTalk warning me that my service would soon expire (even though I'd already canceled).  I opened a ticket, advising that I'd canceled my service already.  I got some completely crazy response that had nothing to do with the subject at hand.  So I just marked any email from NetTalk as spam.  Today my spam folder had the final (hopefully) "Your service has expired" email.  Hurray!  I couldn't be happier.  

This company is a sham, through and through.  They sell you a device that doesn't connect reliably, and has questionable voice quality, and then they don't support it.  I can't believe this company hasn't had he pants sued off of it.  I can't wait to see this company go out of business. I'd like to get my hands on whomever is in charge of it give them a good caning ;-)

No comments: